"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Comments on How do we build our initial momentum?

How do we build our initial momentum?

+5
−0

Now that this site exists, how do we inspire activity? We've had one post each in Q&A and Gear Recommendations. Are there site-configuration changes that people are waiting for? (If so, just let us know what you need.) Did everybody get busy? Are folks just shy?

One thing that might help is a short description of the site's scope -- what kinds of questions are you looking for? For example, I've been assuming that questions I have about basic cell-phone photography aren't really what you're looking for, but maybe I'm wrong?

The site has a basic FAQ in the "help" link. If the community wants to extend this or add new topics, you can -- I believe moderators can edit the help, and if not, you can ask admins to.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

General comments (3 comments)
General comments
scottbb‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

Sorry, I was going to reply shortly after you posted, but in short, yes, I just got busy. I was visiting family when covid hit, so I was away from my computer for 2 months. Trying to answer questions and edit Markdown on an iPad, while being a guest in somebody else's house, was absolutely miserable. =)

scottbb‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

sorry, just realized that last comment sounded horribly entitled. I should have said it was "relatively" miserable. I very much had first world problems, all things considered.

Monica Cellio‭ wrote almost 4 years ago

Wow, that sounds challenging @scottbb! From your participation on the site proposal I had no idea you were displaced and tech-limited. (And presumably away from your camera bag, too.) I hope you and your family are well and that you're able to get back home soon.