Photography & Video Site FAQ
Welcome to Photography & Video! We're glad you're here. The following information is relevant primarily within this community. If you have a question that applies to the entire Codidact family of communities, you may want to look at our Global FAQ.
What is Photography & Video all about?
We are building a knowledge base of questions and answers about the art and science of photography and videography. We are also a community of amateurs and professionals seeking to advance our own skills and help others. If your question involves light coming through a camera lens, it belongs here!
Who are the moderators?
Currently there are two interim moderators, mattdm and Charlie Brumbaugh. Eventually the community will elect others. ArtOfCode, luap42, and Monica Cellio are serving as site administrators, and you can find them helping out with technical issues in the Meta category.
What are the different categories for?
- Q&A is for general questions.
- Contests/Critique is a place to share your work with other members of the community and receive feedback.
- FAQ is a curated home for common questions and serves as a resource for budding photographers.
- Gear Recommendations is another newcomer-friendly place to get suggestions on the best equipment for your needs and budget.
- Meta is a place to ask questions about the Photography & Video community site as a whole. Having technical issues or need help with the site? Ask here.
The Contests/Critique, FAQ, and Gear Recommendations categories have special posting guidelines, described on the pages for those categories.
What open-source license are posts on Photography & Video created under?
All posts are created under CC BY-SA 4.0 by default except for posts in the Contests/Critique category which default to CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. You are also free to choose from several other open source licenses if desired.